I am very proud to announce my new title (first edition) called Advance Automotive Electricity and Electronics. (ISBN: 0-13-254262-5). Available now here.
Automotive instructors have asked for the following in an
advanced-level electrical textbook:
1. The content is thorough enough to be able to be used as stand
alone electrical and electronic textbook for two semesters.
2. Easy to read, yet detailed enough to cover the subject.
3. Many short chapters instead of a few longer chapters.
4. Provide the basics so that they can be reviewed before
studying more advanced content.
5. Include the electrical and electronic content for chassis
systems, as well as for HVAC and hybrid electric vehicles.
Scope: The scope of this title is intended to meet the needs of an
advanced electrical and electronic course. The first 12 chapters
are designed to be a good review and prepare the reader for the
more advanced topics covered in the last 17 chapters.
Organization: The content includes the basics needed by all
service technicians and also covers the following organizations
for most systems:
1. Purpose and function of the system
2. Parts involved and operational description
3. Diagnosis and service
4. Each new term defined at first use