JIM HALDERMAN brings a world of experience, knowledge, and talent to his work. His automotive service experience includes working as a flat-rate technician, a business owner, and a professor of automotive technology at a leading U.S. community college for more than 20 years.
He has a Bachelor of Science Degree from Ohio Northern University and a Master’s Degree in Education from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. Jim also holds a U.S. Patent for an electronic transmission control device.
He is an ASE certified Master Automotive Technician and Advanced Engine Performance (L1) ASE certified. Jim is the author of many automotive textbooks all published by Pearson Education Publishing Company.
Jim has presented numerous technical seminars to national audiences including the California Automotive Teachers (CAT) and the Illinois College Automotive Instructor Association (ICAIA) as well as a member and presenter at the North American Council of Automotive Teachers (NACAT).
Jim was also named Regional Teacher of the Year by General Motors Corporation and outstanding alumni of Ohio Northern University. Jim and his wife, Michelle, have two children.
Jim's ASE certifications include:
• ASE Master Automobile Technician
• Advanced Engine Performance (L1)
• ASE Master Heavy Truck Technician
• ASE World Class Technician
• ASE Master Engine Machinist
• ASE Light Vehicle Alternate Fuel Technician
Jim is a certified instructor for:
• General Motors Corporation
• Ohio I/M 240
Jim is an active member of the following organizations:
• Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE), Member Grade
• North American Council of Automotive Teachers (NACAT)
• International Automotive Technicians Network (IATN), Supporting Member